Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sky- Day 1

I like to read Blue Sky By: Audrey Wood and It Looked Like Spilt Milk By:Charles G. Shaw to kick off our Sky unit. Then i have the kid's sit at the table looking for thing's they would find in the Sky in magazines for our class Sky Collage, Also I will not have a Sky Dramatic Play this month but will be using the play kitchen.  I do this for the month of June because in Arizona June is our hottest month (110 or higher everyday), so the kid's do not get to go outside except 1x a week for water play. I bring our Water table inside keeping it in my kitchen and move the play kitchen out of my normal kitchen into the kid's normal Dramatic play area. Here is what we have going on in our center's and what we did on Day 1 of Sky....

Class Collage- 















Science/Sensory- In the sensory tube is cotton for cloud's and random things found in the sky (Airplane's, flying bug's, yellow ball for the Sun, Helicopter's) I also put Space photo card's in the science center. We will be doing bubbles often due to the heat and not being able to go out.















Literacy- Intro. to letter Ee and Letter E collage


















Art- Puff Painting (Shaving Cream & Liquid Glue Mixed) If you want color i added food coloring and Glitter.














Math- Sky Number Puzzle's

No comments:

Post a Comment